Equality and Diversity Policy Statement
Gould Autoplates & Signs Ltd. is committed to creating an organisational culture in which diversity and equality of opportunity are promoted actively and in which unlawful discrimination is not tolerated.
Gould Autoplates & Signs Ltd. recognises the real business benefits of having a diverse community of staff and to this end, is working towards building and maintaining an environment which values diversity.
Gould Autoplates & Signs Ltd. believes in the principles of social justice, acknowledges that discrimination affects people in complex ways and is committed to challenge all forms of inequality.
To this end, we aim to ensure that:
- Individuals are treated fairly, with dignity and respect regardless of their age, marital status, disability, race, faith, gender, language, social/ economical background or being lesbian or gay and any other inappropriate distinction;
- It affords all individuals, and employees the opportunity to fulfil their potential;
- It promotes an inclusive and supportive environment for staff, associates and visitors;
- It recognises the varied contributions to the achievement of the company’s mission made by individuals from diverse backgrounds and with a wide range of experiences.
Scope of the Policy
This policy applies to all staff, associates and visitors to the company, together with those contracted to work for Gould Autoplates & Signs Ltd. on short term assignments.
Aims of the Policy and Underpinning Principles
The aim of this policy is to ensure that in carrying out its activities Gould Autoplates & Signs Ltd. will have due regard to:
- promoting equality of opportunity, across all our activities
- promoting good relations between people of a diverse background
- eliminating unlawful discrimination
This policy is guided by the following principles, that:
- All staff, associates and visitors should enjoy a safe working environment free from discrimination and harassment/bullying
- All employees should have equal access to quality services that are made available by Gould Autoplates & Signs Ltd. and its partners
- All staff should have equal access to opportunities for personal, and professional development and career, progression and promotion opportunities
- Gould Autoplates & Signs Ltd. staff and associates should reflect the diversity of talent, experience and skills from the local, and national pool from which it draws its workforce
- All relevant stakeholders, including staff, have the right to be consulted about Gould Autoplates & Signs Ltd. policy, procedures and practices and are encouraged to contribute to the decision making processes of the company.
Implementation of the Policy
The successful implementation of all strands of this policy relies on the mainstreaming of equality and diversity issues within the strategic planning process. This will be achieved through continual consultation with staff and stakeholders.
The Directors are responsible for ensuring:
- The effective implementation of the Equality and Diversity policy
- That Gould Autoplates & Signs Ltd meets its legal obligations in respect of legislation relating to equal opportunities.
- The strategic development, implementation and review of the Equality and Diversity Policy
- That appropriate action is taken against individuals who do not act in accordance with the policy
Managers are responsible for:
- Fostering a culture in which compliance with this policy is regarded as integral to the work of the area and in which equality and diversity issues are actively promoted
- Ensuring staff are encouraged, supported and enabled to reach their full potential
- Identifying appropriate staff development for themselves and their staff to meet the needs of their respective areas
Individual members of staff are responsible for:
- Supporting and implementing the aims of this policy
- Promoting equality of opportunity
- Contributing to an environment free of fear or intimidation and which celebrates diversity
- Ensuring that their behaviour and actions do not amount to discrimination, harassment, bullying or victimisation in any way.
Breach of the Policy
Gould Autoplates & Signs Ltd. will take seriously any instances of non-adherence to the Equality and Diversity policy by staff, associates or visitors. Any instances of non-adherence will be investigated and where appropriate will be considered under the relevant disciplinary policy. With regard to any breach of the policy by visitors, the directors will take appropriate action in relation to the nature of the incident.
Monitoring and Review
Gould Autoplates & Signs Ltd. will seek to access the impact of its policies on staff to ensure that real improvements are being made in tackling discrimination and promoting diversity.
The policy will be reviewed every two years.
Gould Autoplates & Signs Ltd. will implement its Equality and Diversity Policy in accordance with current legislation and codes of practice including:
- EU Anti-Discrimination Directives (which currently include the Race Relations Act 1976 (Amendment) Regulations 2003, Religion and Belief Regulation 2003 and Sexual Orientation Regulation 2003
- Race Relations Amendment Act 2000
- Human Rights Act 1998
- Disability Discrimination Act 1995
- Race Relations Act 1976
- Sex Discrimination Act 1975
- Equal Pay Act 1970 and Amendment 1983